Tuesday, April 18, 2006

farewell picnic --
wind blows the blossoms
off the dogwoods



p.s. Thanks Alison, Matt & Eric for bringing us
all together into this effervescent haijin community.
Thanks, too, to everyone who submitted poems and
images and comments, to make the experience so
rich for us all. To celebrate my ukku Spring haiku
experience, I just put together a sequence that you
can get online: welcoming Spring: ukku haiku (2006).

It has my complete ukku spring output (clunkers and all), and is set up to be a printable, two-sided, three-fold sequence brochure. Feel free to use it for any non-commercial purpose. [update: April 24, 2006: I have "tweaked" the sequence brochure, to fit better on the page once folded and improve the "cover page.]

7 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Thank you and everyone for taking part and making this so much fun!

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be day-old Easter candy at this farewell picnic?:) Nicely done, David, and the assembling of your spring haiku was a great idea.

I echo my thanks to Alison, Matt, and Eric. Fall and winter are my favourite seasons, but this project actually had me anticipating and appreciating spring. It was an exercise for which I'm grateful.

4:14 PM  
Blogger david giacalone said...

Chocolate never lasts overnight at my place, so you're going to have to stash some for the picnic, AA. Thanks for being so willing to say nice things about the words/works of the rest of us.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Area 17 said...

Thanks for the attachement 'welcoming Spring: ukku haiku'. A really nice thought.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Nicely done David. I suspect it is laid out for US Letter size as it doesn't "quite" fit right on A4 paper. A bit of tweeking will no doubt make it fit better.

Quite an excellent little pamphlet anyway.

3:59 AM  
Blogger david giacalone said...

Hello, Gerald, You're right, I was being a typical parochial American -- forgetting about differences in paper sizes. Yes, it is laid out for US Letter-sized paper, in "landscape"/horizontal mode.

Thamks for the kinds words. "See" you at the summer site.

6:11 AM  
Blogger sangeet said...

Thanks David for the lovely attachment! Great re-reading!

Sangeet

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home